By continuing to use this website you agree to us placing cookies on your device. Most web browsers accept cookies by default, but you can change the browser settings to prevent this if you wish. You should consult the documentation of your web browser for advice on how to do this.
Cookies used on this website
A session cookie contains essential information required for the website to run and is deleted when the session has finished or the web browser is closed. The following session cookies are used on this website:
- Session ID (32 alpha-numeric string) - This holds an ID to identify your session. It is deleted when you close your browser.
First-party cookies are created by this website and stored under the website domain (www.peasedownmethodist.org or www.peasedownmethodist.co.uk). The following first-party cookies are used on this website:
- reDimCookieHint - This cookie is set to record your response to cookie notification message so that the message is not displayed in future. This cookie will expire after 180 days, after which you will be prompted again by the cookie notification message.
Third-party cookies are set by external websites that are embedded into our website, for example Facebook and Google Maps. These cookies are stored under the domain of the external website and can be accessed later by the external website.
Christian Aid Week
15th‑21st May 2022
In Zimbabwe, the climate crisis is causing aching hunger for families like Jessica’s. For the first time in a generation, global poverty is rising. The combined effects of the Covid-19 pandemic, conflict, and drought have robbed communities like Jessica's of the power to provide for their children. It's unjust.
This Christian Aid Week:
- We stand with the resilient women - like Jessica - who are determined to lift their families out of hunger
- We raise our voices to call for climate justice
- We pray that families will stay strong during times of drought
Together, we hope to restore justice to our world, and protect the future for our children and grandchildren.
Please give to help women grow crops that survive in the drought. You can help turn hunger into hope. There are now donation boxes at the Hive and the Meeting Place, or you can give online by following this link Christian Aid. Please give generously!
With every gift, every action, every prayer, every one of us can change lives.